Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Book Out of My Past


          The book I want to share is titled, "Go Ask Alice." The author of the book is anonymous, but it is sold by Simon and Schuster. I read this book when I was towards the end of my freshmen year in high school. I read it both at home and school for a final book report. My English teacher, at that time, had introduced it to the class and recommended her students to read the book. She gave a brief summary about it and caught my attention. She said it would be a great experience to see the life of someone who has a hard time giving up on drugs. And how the struggle is really real. This book is about a teenage girl named Alice, who is addicted to drugs and has a very dramatic life. It is more like her diary, a real life diary, meaning that it is a true story. It goes on about her life with drugs, and how she struggles to give them up. I remember this book because, it is very interesting and is one of the first books I read that involved drugs. My favorite part was when Alice was at a party late at night, and the guy she was interested in was also there. She wanted to talk to him, but didn't have the guts to go up to him and start a conversation, until she took some pills for motivation. After talking and dancing for a while, they both decided to get high in one of the rooms of the house and than something unexpected had occurred. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone in class, it is a really good book. It is very detailed and once you start reading it you wouldn't want to put it down, till the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Table of Content

Table of Content Tattoo You : I described a Sea Turtle Tattoo and the real  meaning behind the tattoo. Community...